Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Me time


(Image source: http://pixabay.com)

What do you consider as your Me Time?

Is it the moment when you wake up in the morning and fix a cup of tea?
Or is it the extra time you take on a weekend to sleep?
Is it the 60 minutes you spend in the gym or out jogging?
Or is it when a new recipe in the kitchen you are cooking?
Is it the evening hours of togetherness with family?
Or is it when you go on a holiday separately?
Is it when you read, write, watch tv or play?
Or is it in bed at night when you quietly pray?

I've always thought me time to be as the time which belongs to you, doing things allowing you to unwind.

Can our work also be our me time? If it were, then would we put more into it than we otherwise do? Would it reduce the stress we normally feel around deadlines? Would then peer pressure and the need to perform not bother us? On the other side, will we end up devoting ourselves to work exclusively? Will we forget to appreciate the beauty around us?

Should I feel apologetic if my work is or isn't my me time?



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...