Saturday, December 15, 2018

My Comeback


There is something about year endings that pushes me to want to make a change. Way back in 2012 when I was in the US, it got me to start this blog. Now that 2018 is coming to a close, I am once again in contemplation mode.

Looking back, although it was not a deliberate move, I stopped writing some time beginning of September 2015 when I found I was pregnant. From then on life became quite different. I would become tired, emotional, irritated, and absentminded (occasionally). After a point, sleeping comfortably was a challenge. Amidst all this, our house was flooded twice during the heavy Chennai rains in 2015. In the last three months before the due date, the focus was on keeping active and preparing for the new member of the family.

My little bundle of joy arrived in April 2016. Since then things got busier in a way that I hadn't imagined despite all the "What to Expect" series of books that I had read. However, the craziness is worth it because it comes with these countless moments of joy.

My days are quite tied up as I am also working in a company. We have a six day week, and Sunday just flies away doing some household chores. My me time is now limited to watching videos at night for a couple of hours if I have the energy, but it is not satisfying. The movies, serials, and reality shows are all just too predictable or have disappointing endings.

I am feeling the need to do something that will make me more happy and the time spent more meaningful. Having refreshed my memories by going through some of my older posts, I am hoping that writing will do this for me.

Therefore, just as it is said for film actresses returning to the screen after a long hiatus, here I am, making a "comeback". So wish me good luck.



(Photo source: steemit.com)

3 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...