Sunday, March 23, 2014

Trial and error (7): Broccoli quiche

Last week I was feeling a bit low. So I thought of changing things a bit over the weekend by trying out a couple of new and of course easy recipes. :) Yesterday evening I gave making Broccoli Quiche a try.

How I did it?
I followed the video for the above dish on allrecipes.com (see here). I used shredded cheddar cheese and a store bought readymade pie crust which made the cooking very simple. The other small difference was that instead of using broccoli heads as it is, I chopped them into smaller pieces.

Notes on cooking technique.
As the pie crust was not pre-baked in the oven before placing all the filling over it, the base remains soft. The next time I will probably try to make it crispy and brown by baking it first initially for 10 min with weights and then without them for another 15 min. I did set the oven to 350 F but after 20 min when I did not find the filling to solidify and set, I increased the temperature 400 F and baked for another 10 min.

My verdict.
I definitely enjoyed the end result. As the broccoli quiche was made for dinner time I served it with pasta. One could also have salad on the side as a more healthy option.

Here are the photos of my effort:

Home made broccoli quiche

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...