Monday, March 24, 2014

Trial and error (8): Paalak murg or Spinach chicken

Continuing with my effort to cheer myself up I tried this simple recipe of Paalak Murg (Spinach Chicken) gravy. Living abroad I have often found the lamb meat does not taste as nice as back home. As a result I mostly cook chicken or sometimes prawns. So I thought that I should try something new using chicken.

How I did it?
I have been following Mehan's Kitchen blog for some time now. Previously I have made broccoli cutlets using a recipe from the blog. This time I chose Chicken and Spinach Curry recipe there. The one minor addition that I made was using two diced tomatoes to make the gravy along with the onion. As I did not have garam masala, I substituted it with biryani masala.

Notes on cooking technique.
I have to admit that for once I did not come across any difficulties while cooking Paalak Murg. In the future too I don't see any reason to deviate from the methodology.

My verdict.
It was totally yummy and I enjoyed eating Paalak Murg with chapatis. Here are is a picture for you to see:


Paalak murg or Spinach chicken gravy


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...